Professors Catia Batista (Nova SBE) and Sonia Dias (ENSP) seek qualified applicants for a position of Project Coordinator (PC) for the project Integrating Immigrants as a Tool for Broad Development: Experimental Evidence for Portugal and Cape Verde. The project aims at promoting integration of Cape Verdean immigrants in Portugal, including contact with immigrants’ families in Cape Verde.
The PC position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Managing relations with local partners;
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing large quantitative data collection, including multiple survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/budget tracking and management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
- Training in development economics and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in both developed and developing countries is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in both Portuguese and English.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Start and Duration Date:
February 2019, with a duration of 24 months.
Campus de Carcavelos, Rua da Holanda, 1, Carcavelos, Lisboa, Portugal. Possible stays in Cape Verde of up to 6 months over a 24 month contract.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to NOVAFRICA by emailing email@example.com and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Cape Verde”. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.