Principal Investigators Tijan Bah (Nova SBE), Catia Batista (Nova SBE), Flore Gubert (IRD and Paris School of Economics) and David McKenzie (World Bank) seek qualified applicants for a position of Project Coordinator (PC) for the project Information Gaps and Irregular Migration to take place in The Gambia. The project aims at providing information about migration possibilities and vocational skill training to potential migrants in rural Gambia.
The PC position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Managing relations with local partners;
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing large quantitative data collection, including multiple survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
- Training in development economics and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Start and Duration Date:
Starting February 2019, with a duration of 18 months.
Upper River Region and Central River Region – The Gambia.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications. NOVAFRICA will pay for one round trip per year and health insurance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to NOVAFRICA by emailing email@example.com and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Gambia”. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.