Professors Catia Batista (Nova SBE), Gharad Bryan (LSE) and Dean Karlan (Yale) seek qualified applicants for the position of Project Coordinator (PC) for their “Farmer participatory experimentation” project in Mozambique.
The focus of the project is on teaching farmers how to experiment properly on their own plots with the objective of allowing farmers to correctly identify the return of an input of interest, increasing the adoption of profitable technologies as well as improving the real world performance of these technologies. The project will also utilize formal and informal methods of results dissemination to facilitate the individual and social learning process.
For additional information about the project see here.
The PC position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows for the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Support with preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Start and Duration Date:
February 2017 – with some flexibility.
There is the possibility of longer term career prospects in the NOVAFRICA Mozambique office.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Training in development economics and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills are mandatory
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Salary and Benefits:
NOVAFRICA will pay for one round trip per year and health insurance. The salary will be determinate according to proven skills.
If you are interested, please contact NOVAFRICA as soon as possible by sending an email through firstname.lastname@example.org including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation (if available) and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Vacancy”.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.