Principal Investigators Mattia Fracchia (Nova SBE), Teresa Molina (Nova SBE) and Pedro Vicente (Nova SBE) seek qualified applicants for a position of Research Assistant (RA) for the research project “Incentivizing Community Health Workers in Guinea-Bissau: Experimental Evidence on Social Status and Intrinsic Motivation”. The goal of this large-scale randomized field experiment is to test the effectiveness of different non-monetary incentives in motivating Community Health Workers (CHWs). As the fieldwork is concluded, the research team is processing the data collected to make them ready for analysis. The RA will be involved in this process.
The RA position offers an opportunity to gain experience with data cleaning, data management and preliminary data analysis. The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Organize large quantity of data collected during fieldwork;
• Type data collected in the form of pictures or paper sheets into Excel;
• Check quality of data previously typed;
• Data cleaning;
• Report to the Principal Investigators on the quality of the data;
• Preliminary data analysis;
• Report to the Principal Investigators on the preliminary results from the analysis;
Those candidates who plan to pursue a career in research in the field of Development Economics, will greatly benefit from the opportunity to participate in data processing of a large-scale randomized field experiment.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
• Excellent data management skills.
• Knowledge of Stata is a strong plus.
• Self-motivation, ability of work autonomously.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Start and Duration Date:
Starting May 2019, with a duration of 2 months. Given the short duration of the appointment and the approaching starting date, priority will be given to candidates already living in the Lisbon area.
Nova School of Business and Economics, Carcavelos Campus, Lisboa, Portugal
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, until 23:59 (Lisbon time) of 13th of May 2019, to NOVAFRICA by emailing email@example.com and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation (if available) and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA RA CHW”.