Professors Catia Batista (Nova SBE), Jules Gazeaud (Nova SBE) and Julia Seither (U Rosario) seek qualified applicants for a position of Field Coordinator for the project Integrating Immigrants as a Tool for Broad Development: Experimental Evidence for Portugal and Cape Verde. The project aims at promoting integration of Cape Verdean immigrants in Portugal.
The Field Coordinator position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Managing large quantitative data collection, including multiple survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Support in undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/budget tracking and management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
- Training in development economics and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in both developed and developing countries is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency in reading and talking Portuguese.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
Start and Duration Date:
Immediate start, with an expected duration of 6 months.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to NOVAFRICA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation and/or referee contacts (if available), and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA CC Cabo Verde”. Applications will be reviewed from October 19, 2020, until the position is filled.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.