Professors Catia Batista (Nova SBE), Jules Gazeaud (Nova SBE) and Julia Seither (U Rosario) seek qualified applicants for a position of Project Coordinator (PC) for the project Integrating Immigrants as a Tool for Broad Development: Experimental Evidence for Portugal and Cape Verde. The project aims at promoting integration of Cape Verdean immigrants in Portugal.
The Project Coordinator position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Managing relations with local partners;
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing large quantitative data collection, including multiple survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
- Training in development economics and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in both developed and developing countries is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency in reading and talking Portuguese.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Start and Duration Date:
Immediate start, with an expected duration of 12 months, subject to renewal.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to NOVAFRICA by emailing email@example.com and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation and/or referee contacts (if available), and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Cabo Verde”. Applications will be reviewed as of January 4th, 2021, until the position is filled.