Principal Investigators Alexander Coutts (Nova SBE), Teresa Molina (Nova SBE) and Pedro Vicente (Nova SBE) seek qualified applicants for a position of Project Coordinator (PC) for the project Belief Systems and Health Behaviors in Guinea Bissau. The project investigates how much of low demand for preventive health care can be explained by lack of awareness or knowledge and to what extent can knowledge and beliefs on health be shifted.
The PC position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
• Managing relations with local partners;
• Designing survey questionnaires;
• Conducting qualitative research;
• Managing large quantitative data collection, including multiple survey teams;
• Data management, cleaning and analysis;
• Managing partner relations and communications;
• Undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
• Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, or related fields.
• Training in development economics and statistics is required.
• Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
• Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese.
• Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
• Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
• Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Start and Duration Date:
Starting January 2019, with a duration of 18 months.
Guinea-Bissau: Cacheu and Biombo Region
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to qualifications. NOVAFRICA will pay for one round trip per year and health insurance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to NOVAFRICA by emailing email@example.com and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation (if available) and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Guinea-Bissau”.