NOVAFRICA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Executive Director for its office at the Nova School of Business and Economics in Portugal.
NOVAFRICA is a knowledge center created by the Nova School of Business and Economics of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa in 2011. Its mission is to produce expertise with an impact on business and economic development in Africa. A particular focus is on Portuguese-speaking Africa.
Knowledge created by NOVAFRICA is based on top-quality economic and management research produced by its members. This research is meant to reach all interested stakeholders through policy recommendations, operational and strategic advice to companies and organizations, consultancy and capacity building in Africa. For additional information, see www.novafrica.org
The NOVAFRICA center is part of the Nova School of Business and Economics, a triple-accredited institution (AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA). The school offers programs in economics, management, and finance at undergraduate, master, MBA, and doctorate levels. Nova provides an international research environment and consistently ranks among the top universities in Europe. For additional information see www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en
Campus de Carcavelos, Rua da Holanda, 1, Carcavelos, Lisboa, Portugal
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing new projects;
- Coordinating and potentially participating in ongoing projects;
- Coordinating training activities;
- Managing relations with domestic and international partners, as well as external communication in collaboration with the scientific direction;
- Managing and coordinating the office team activities;
- Financial/budget tracking and management in collaboration with scientific and other administrative staff.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A PhD or Master’s degree in management or economics.
- Experience living in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials, training in development economics and statistics, and conducting field research in a developing country are highly valued.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be determined according to proven skills.
If you are interested, please contact NOVAFRICA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA ED”. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.