NOVAFRICA is accepting applications for a Research Internship.
We are looking for a research intern to be integrated in the following ongoing NOVAFRICA field research project:
This project consists of a randomized impact evaluation of development intervention with Cape Verdean high school students.
Start date: October 2023.
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
Location: Cape Verde.
Responsibilities: The intern will be responsible for accompanying fieldwork and survey implementation, and for performing a variety of tasks including survey programming, data checks and backups, staff training and team management in the field.
Selection criteria: includes strong motivation related to education and economic development, as well as an interest in research in economics. Some personal characteristics, like industriousness and capacity to build productive inter-personal relationships, are also important. Working knowledge of Portuguese is needed, but fluency (although welcome) is not a requirement.
• Bachelor’s in economics, Management, Finance or related fields.
• Master students in Economics, Management or Finance will be preferred (no need to have submitted thesis).
• Ability to work independently.
• Some knowledge of and interest in education and migration
• Working knowledge of Stata is required.
• Working knowledge of Portuguese is required.
Compensation: according to experience.
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com until the 8th of September under the subject “Cape Verde Project Application”, including a letter of motivation that explains why you would like to join this Research Internship program and your curriculum vitae.