NOVAFRICA seek qualified applicants for the position of Country Director (CD) for its office in Maputo, Mozambique.
NOVAFRICA is a knowledge center created by the Nova School of Business and Economics of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa in 2011. Its mission is to produce expertise with an impact on business and economic development in Africa. A particular focus is on Portuguese-speaking Africa.
Knowledge created by NOVAFRICA is based on the top-quality economic and management research produced by its members. This research is meant to reach all interested stakeholders through policy recommendations, operational and strategic advice to companies and organizations, consultancy and capacity building in Africa.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relations with the local government and international partners, as well as external communications;
- Managing and coordinating the office team activities;
- Support of ongoing projects and development of new projects;
- Coordinating training activities;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Start and Duration Date:
There is the possibility of longer term career prospects in the NOVAFRICA Mozambique office.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in management or economics.
- Experience living in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials, training in development economics and statistics, and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
Salary and Benefits:
NOVAFRICA will pay for one round trip per year and health insurance. The salary will be determined according to proven skills.
If you are interested, please contact NOVAFRICA as soon as possible by sending an email through firstname.lastname@example.org including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation (if available) and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA CD Vacancy”.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.