Vacancy for Field Coordinator
Alex Armand (Universidad de Navarra) and Pedro Vicente (Nova SBE) seek qualified applicants for the position of Field Coordinator (FC) for the project: On the mechanics of the political resource curse: information and local elite behavior in Mozambique. The project main focus is to understand how information and deliberation systems affect the likelihood of a community to experience a resources curse. Together with local partners, we will randomize a campaign that provides information about the amount and uses of natural gas revenues, in 200 communities in the Cabo Delgado Province.
The FC position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows for the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Support with preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics or related fields;
- Training in development economics and statistics;
- Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills;
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials;
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player;
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations;
If interested please send your cv, motivation letter and recommendation letters (if available) to this email.
Any questions concerning this call please contact Ms. Inês Vilela through this email.
Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview starting on October 19, until the vacancy is filled.