Project Coordinators for NOVAFRICA Projects in Angola and Guinea-Bissau
Professors Pedro Vicente (Nova SBE) and Teresa Molina (Nova SBE) seek qualified applicants for two positions of Project Coordinator (PC) for a project on the impact evaluation of Profuturo in primary schools of Angola and for a project on incentives of community health agents in Guinea-Bissau.
For additional information about the projects see here:
Angola – https://fundacionprofuturo.org/en/inicio
Guinea-Bissau – https://novafrica.org/research/incentives-of-community-health-agents-in-guinea-bissau/
The PC positions offer an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience and allows the opportunity to work closely with the researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Designing survey questionnaires;
- Conducting qualitative research;
- Managing survey teams;
- Data management, cleaning, and analysis;
- Managing partner relations and communications;
- Undertaking preliminary data analysis and writing of project reports and policy memos;
- Financial/Budget tracking and management.
Start and Duration Date:
Angola PC: Starting January 2018 or earlier, with some flexibility on duration (not less than 6 months).
Guinea-Bissau PC: Starting November 2017, with some flexibility on duration (not less than 6 months).
– Luanda, Angola
– Bissau, Guinea-Bissau.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Training in development and statistics is required.
- Experience living and conducting field research in a developing country is a strong plus.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Stata and strong quantitative skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in Portuguese and English.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations.
Salary and Benefits:
NOVAFRICA will pay for one round trip per year and health insurance. The salary will be determined according to qualifications.
If you are interested, please contact NOVAFRICA as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com including a letter of motivation, letters of recommendation (if available) and/or referee contacts, and your curriculum vitae under the subject “NOVAFRICA PC Vacancies”. If you have preferences in one of the projects, please mention it in the application email.
We will be making decisions on the Guinea-Bissau PC by October 16, 2017.
For any additional information or clarification, please contact us via email.
If you would like to receive periodic information about the activities of NOVAFRICA, please send an email with the subject “SUBSCRIBE”.